All my obligations and duties are canceled? I’m gonna add a little more to that…my bank account is also not empty AND I get the whole weekend! I might as well get a little greedy.
Off to the coast I go to fly kites, walk on the beach, visit the aquarium and then hit the boardwalk and go shopping!
My camera won’t be out of reach the whole weekend…but my phone will!
It just so happens that the weather is beautiful, just enough wind for the kites and the sun keeps us warm enough that my shoes stay off the entire time at the beach. I have a shoe fetish, but I also LOVE to be barefoot. Does that make any sense?
The kites stay in the air long enough so I’m not constantly chasing them down the beach, but not so long as to be boring. We brought the trick kite too and it is spectacular. I’ve finally mastered tricks that don’t just turn into dive bombs.
All the dogs on the beach come up for a polite hello and scratch behind the ears. Their parents (owners) even stop to chat for a few minutes and ask how long we’ve been kite enthusiasts and where to buy them.
We’ve remembered to bring a picnic this time, so we don’t have to leave the beach just because we are hungry. Sammiches (Mercy rolls her eyes and chuckles), pasta salad, fresh veggies and dip, Coke (I am addicted), and a fruit salad. We’ll still need to stop at the ice cream shop for Mercy, I’ll get some caramel corn.
It’s the first trip to the coast in ages that I’ve had sunglasses (I haven’t been able to get prescription sunglasses in years)….I love my transition lenses.
After we get tired, we’ll head to the hotel. We’ll splurge and stay at the resort on the bay, with the jacuzzi tub…maybe have some champagne.
It’s now time to shop. We’ll head to the cat store. I don’t hate dogs, but most pet stores are 90% dog stuff and 10% cat stuff…not true at the Cat Store! It’s 100% cats. So many stores on the boardwalk even have shop pets. I love walking into a little shop and being greeted by the family dog or cat.
We have to stop into our favorite gallery/gift shop. Maybe we’ll buy something for the wall or a piece or two of jewelry. I have had my eye on those colorful leaf shadow boxes, or maybe the wood sculpture mosaics.
Oh my is that my sister and brother-in-law? must have had the same idea. We agree to meet for dinner and then are off shopping again. Ok, we really keep going to the same shops because we all share lots of the same quirky tastes.
Now on to the clothes store that I never go into because the won’t have my size. They’ve branched out realizing that the average woman is not a size 4. I find a few outfits that are perfect, but there’s more. They have my boots that I have been searching for, made for a normal calf, not too skinny.
We can’t resist the kitchen store and neither can my sis. I end up getting all the little gadgets that catch my eye. It really isn’t an impulse purchase, Since I’ve been drooling over the same items for years.
Finally we are off to dinner. Sis orders drinks and 4 appetizers…not just for her. She loves to indulge and spoil everyone. We spend forever deciding on entrees, which is why she always orders starters. Two drinks down already. Don’t forget to order the wine too. We’re chatting about what we should do together Sun. Should we go to the aquarium or should we crab off the dock and have a seafood fest in their suite? It has a kitchen and they cook and clean the crab for us at the dock. Crabbing wins!
Our entrees show up and three bites in we start trading entrees. Mercy and I switch. So many times what I order she will like better and vice-versa. We really should start ordering for each other. I guess we already do. 🙂
We get desserts to go, because we too full right now. We head back to the resort…we booked adjacent rooms…hilarious. We really should call each other before trips, even spontaneous ones!
Other Daily Prompt Responses:
- Daily Prompt: Nothin’ But A Good Time | Nola Roots, Texas Heart
- Nothin’ but a Good Time | Alexia Jones
- A day to myself… | mombox
- My ideal day: can I turn back time? | Melanie Ryding – Ryding2Health BLOG
- Hi higher horizons! | litadoolan
- DIFFERENT KIND OF FUN! | DANDELION’S DEN
- Daily Prompt: Nothin’ But A Good Time | seikaiha’s blah-blah-blah
- [M.M.X.I.V. 53] Whoa-oh-oh-oh! | Never A Worry
- One day I will | My Weigh To Lose
- Daily Prompt: Nothin’ But A Good Time | Foto Challenge
- A good day | Sue’s Trifles
- Nothing but a good time. | The Wonder of Yarrow House
- Daily Prompt: Day Off | Morrighan’s Muse
- Our Blogs (2-23-14) | My Blog imanagementbywordpress
- Staying in Focus:Daily Prompt: Good Time | Staying in Focus
- Daily Prompt: Nothin’ But a Good Time-Planning life | Journeyman
- The Riddle of the Sands | Exploratorius
- The Genie Lied And The Daily Prompt | The Jittery Goat
- Where in the world is my Postcard? | Greg Urbano
- Master Manipulators: response to Daily Prompt | alienorajt
- Let’s Get This Party Started ! | Knowledge Addiction
- Good Times! Daily Post | Destino
- Magical moment | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- I can catch that shark with my eyes closed 🙂 | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- couples massage | Life Love Lily
- Nothin’ but a good time | The Shevster’s Space
- Mirth Sublime | Eleazar’s Writing Space
- Fun | dandelionsinwind
- of dreams and nightmares | Anawnimiss
- Zip. Zero. Nada. Niks. Nothing! | thoughtsofrkh
- Tonight I fly high: Spiritual Tankas of Fun | 365 days of defiance
- Daily Prompt: Nothin’ But A Good Time | tnkerr-Writing Prompts and Practice
- She’s whispering in colour… | Hope* the happy hugger
- Daily Prompt: Nothin’ But A Good Time | Awl and Scribe
- a suicide for a free day……. | ensuing light…
- Nothin’ But A Good Time | The Nameless One
- Friday Fast One – Fun | Tommia’s Tablet
- Daily Prompt: Nothin’ But A Good Time | Cee’s Photography
- Resources for taking a geography-based literary tour of the US | Andrea Reads America
- 2 Core Beliefs For Having A Good TIme | Ako Si Ehm Blog
- Daily Prompt: Nothin’ But A Good Time « Mama Bear Musings
- The Crazy Next 24 hours | Phelio a Random Post a Day
- Daily Prompt: Nothin’ But A Good Time | Basically Beyond Basic
- Fun | Poetry response to Daily Prompt | Focal Breeze
- Daily Prompt: Nothin’ But A Good Time | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Nothin’ But A Good Time | Flowers and Breezes
- I’m a Writer, Yes I Am
- DP: Good Times Planned | Scorched Ice
- Leisure Redefined | Views Splash!
- West of Eldora | I’m a Writer, Yes I Am
- Among the Whispers
- Nothin’ But A Good Time On Sunday Drive Anytime | Lisa’s Kansa Muse
- A Perfect Day | snapshotsofawanderingheart
- Tunzo Funzo: A daily prompt blog | Maria For Real
- Like my birthday, perhaps? | Casually Short
- day one of a fun filled future forever | peacefulblessedstar
- One Crazy Mom » A Day Off
- Having a good time | Processing the life
- The Best of Life | Emotional Fitness
- A good Time | Life is great
- A Day Without Stress – Wellbeing | WANGSGARD.COM
- The Rock Anthem by Poison and the Temptation of Eve | meanderedwanderings
- A PERFECT DAY | SERENDIPITY
- All But A Simple Day | Navigate
- Ooo ye sweet freedom !!!! | Life Confusions
- Daily Prompt: Nothin’ But A Good Time « cognitive reflection
- Do Anything! | Cats, Coffee, And Life At Random
- Whimsy in a bottle: Rock concerts, road trips, cocktails and slides « psychologistmimi
- My super/awesome/spectucular/epic perfect day(s) | The Bohemian Rock Star’s “Untitled Project”
- Vacation Wishes | Thoughts Less Traveled
- Day of Procrastination | djgarcia94
- The Fun In Between | Stiletto Momma
- Busy doing nothing. | Tales of a slightly stressed Mother!
- Fun | The Land Slide Photography
- Daily Prompt: Being Free! | All Things Cute and Beautiful
- Six Things You Can Do To Help a Friend With Depression Have a Better Day
- Land Of Mike
- Daily Prompt: Nothin’ But A Good Time | snippets and words
- The Red Baron of Kauai | Jaspa’s Journal
- Have ALL THE FUN! | Thorough and Unkempt
- My Ideal Introvert Day | 61 Musings
- Nothin’ But A Good Time | melissuhhsmiles
- Day of no obligations: Chattanooga Style | Relocate to Chattanooga
- Daily Prompt: Nothin’ But A Good Time | A Day In The Life
- A Day Without a Mental Illness: What Would I Do With Myself? | Schizo Incognito
- Daily Prompt: Nothin’ But a Good Time | Life’s So Sweet
- Day 52… Nothin’ But A Good Time… Lazing about | Dear Blog ’14
- Daily Prompt: Fun | Occasional Stuff
- Daily Prompt: Nothin’ But A Good Time | Brittney Ortega
- 267. A Day to Myself | Barely Right of Center
- Daily Prompt: My Day | Lady K’s Lounge
- we explore with our | y
- Owl Be Back! | Overcoming Bloglessness
- Daily Prompt: Nothin’ but a good time | Occasional Stuff
- Suicide no. 28: Limerick | derekalanwilkinson
- Have A Break | THE MARRIED MAN WHO LOVES HIS X
- That Was Kind of the Plan | My Author-itis
- Daily Prompt: Nothin’ But A Good Time | Yowza, Here We Go!
- How to Spend a Snow Day | Kosher Adobo
- Playing Hooky | Edward Hotspur
- Nothin’ But A Good Time | Lead us from the Unreal to the Real
- fun…our fountain of youth | In The Moment
- Beware: Nothin’ but a good time | The Christian Gazette
- Daily Prompt: Fun | That Montreal Girl
- And it don’t get better than this! | artymaz’s inky fingers
- Daily Prompt: Nothin’ But A Good Thing | Christina Designs Art
- http://dailypost.wordpress.com/2014/02/21/daily-prompt-good-time/ | preethikarthik06
- Fun is not the word I’d use… | Making Life an Art
- Tales of Tails | field of thorns
- Wrapped Up In To One | Wanderlein
- Daily Prompt – Good time – About town on the velo |
- Saturday morning good times | Empressnasigoreng’s Blog
- My ideal introvert day | Susi Matters
- Daily Prompt: Nothing But a Good Time | SIM | ANTICS
- Happiness is… | Rima Hassan