What giant step did you take where you hoped your leg wouldn’t break? Was it worth it, were you successful in walking on the moon, or did your leg break?
There have been a lot of giant steps for me in the last 16 years with Mercy. In fact, many people along the way kept waiting for my leg to get broken, it never did.
Everyone in my life were just like many of the viewers on Earth of the Moon Landing. They had no clue what the Moon was really like, so they just let their imagination run wild. They used their own experiences to color what they saw. They couldn’t see what the surface was actually like.
Why do people judge everything with there own eyes? We all do it. How often do we see the actions of a complete stranger and make a lot of assumptions about what is really going on? I know I do it all the time. Maybe it is entertainment for us.
But why do we do it to our friends too? I think we do it to be right. To be able to say, “I knew that was going to happen.”
Well, in my case, they were wrong. Sticking with Mercy hasn’t broken anything about me. In fact the only decisions that have really bit me in the ass were ones that all of my friends and loved one fully supported me in.
Like buying a house. Now that decision did break a leg after the leap. It took 12 years to heal and get rid of the cast. We now are house-free, but still together and much better off!
This was a response to the Daily Prompt about Taking a Leap.
Here are some other creative responses:
- Daily Prompt: Walking on the Moon | Basically Beyond Basic
- Daily Prompt: Walking on the Moon | a Portia Adams adventure
- My Giant Step – Daily Prompt | alienorajt
- Four Things I Learned About Freedom From an Uber-Strict Prep School | Kosher Adobo
- Daily Prompt: Walking on the Moon- Being Independent | Journeyman
- I Think My Leg Is Broken | Musings | WANGSGARD.COM
- Rocket To The Moon . | Crossroads
- A Rainy Day At Home (short story) and The Daily Prompt | The Jittery Goat
- One Crazy Mom » Taking the Next Step
- I’m Michael Jackson | Knowledge Addiction
- I Will Weather | Daily Prompt: Walking on the Moon | likereadingontrains
- DP Daily Prompt: Walking On The Moon | Sabethville
- Walking On The Moon – You Kidding! | Views Splash!
- Daily Prompt: The Giant Step — A Haiku: Sunday, February 23, 2014 | LisaRosier.com
- It’s All About Trying… | Life Confusions
- S. Thomas Summers: Writing with Some Ink and a Hammer | A Violin on Baker Street
- Daily Prompt: Walking on the Moon | Here I am !!
- Extinction | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- Hunters – reloaded | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- Inappropriate love | shame
- We Ought to Obey God Rather Than Men | Among the Whispers
- Daily Prompt: Walking on the Moon | tnkerr-Writing Prompts and Practice
- If You Lose Your Head While Cooking, It Insults My Intelligence | Bumblepuppies
- Daily Prompt: Walking on the Moon « Mama Bear Musings
- A giant step | Sue’s Trifles
- Have Faith In God | Flowers and Breezes
- I liked the place so much I bought more than the t-shirt! | thoughtsofrkh
- DAILY PROMPT: Risk | cockatooscreeching
- Dare To Dream | My Little Avalon
- Daily Prompt: Walking on the Moon – LOVING THE ALIEN | Phoenix Fights
- Three Firsts In A Day | Lisa’s Kansa Muse
- Daily Prompt: Being Intrepid! | All Things Cute and Beautiful
- Craters in my heart. | Your Best Friend from the DMV
- Risky Business for this Girl Born in the Year of the Rat « psychologistmimi
- here’s to evolution | y
- milking the way | peacefulblessedstar
- What giant step did you take where you hoped your leg wouldn’t break? | askgrampa
- Walking on the Moon | I Write Therefore I Am
- Leap and the Net will Appear | The Zombies Ate My Brains
- Daily Prompt: Walking on the Moon | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Tiny Pieces | Barefoot on Rainy Days
- Losing Blood | The Land Slide Photography
- Daily Prompt: A Leap of Faith | Wright Outta Nowhere
- Daily Prompt: Walking on the Moon | Delicious Ambiguity
- Daily Prompt: Walking on the Moon | Infinitefreetime
- I’m Not Afraid of Lunar Monsters
- Some may say I’m wishing my days away… | An Upturned Soul
- Daily Prompt: Walking on the Moon | The Wandering Poet
- I’m a Writer, Yes I Am
- Dream awake | mnemosynesandlethe
- Igmutaka’s Blessing | I’m a Writer, Yes I Am
- Two Years Later | Recovery Miles
- Daily Prompt: Walking on the Moon | Nola Roots, Texas Heart
- Where’s the Function Key for “Risk?” | by LRose
- A plea on behalf of all of us who self-publish. Daily Prompt | alienorajt
- for a pigeon | The Seminary of Praying Mantis
- DP_Walking on the Moon…or should I say – Gliding in the Sky! | Essence of Del
- Risk: Daily Post | Destino
- Haiku: Walking on the Moon | Mirth and Motivation
- My First Step Out of Rock Bottom to Start My Walk on the Moon | Ever Upward
- I did not break a leg | mombox
- Defying Gravity | Retrofocus
- My Disney College Program (A quick summary of why) | The Bohemian Rock Star’s “Untitled Project”
- Hall of Shame | Exploratorius
- Moon Walking For Dummies | Overcoming Bloglessness
- Risk- The fear and excitement of taking that important first step | A picture is worth 1000 words
- Risk: Walking on the Moon | Yowza, Here We Go!
- My brief American dream | Life is great
- Risk | Focal Breeze
- Risk Taking… Beware! | The Christian Gazette