A song comes on the radio and instantly, you’re transported to a different time and place. Which song(s) bring back memories for you and why? Be sure to mention the song, and describe the memory it evokes.
Dave Matthew’s Satellite
Whenever this song comes on, I am transported back to 1996 and a bar that I worked in Mark’s Place. I was the Sun through Wed night-cook. The kitchen closed at midnight, so I would tend the bar the rest of the night. Since I closed the slow nights of the week, there were many days that I was all alone for at least the last half hour of the night.
I had the jukebox to entertain me. Unfortunately, there were only a few non-country artists in the machine. My favorite choice was Dave Matthews Band’s Under the Table and Dreaming. I would grab a stack of red quarters, turn up the volume, and by the time Satellite came on I’d be singing at the top of my lungs and dancing around the room. I was never alone, Dave was always nearby.
Still brings a smile to my face.
This was for Daily Prompt
- “There You Go Telling Me No Again.” -New Jack City Soundtrack, 1991 | candylocs
- Jane | Trucker Turning Write
- Daily Prompt: Always Something There To Remind Me | My Other Blog
- She Was Just Seventeen | Menimèse Creare
- Record Album Memories | In For the Ride
- 2000 Nostalgia is a Thing Now | The Book of Shayne
- Daily Prompt: Always Something There to Remind Me | Nola Roots, Texas Heart
- Let Go of Your Past | The Christian Gazette
- I remember | Elizabeth Stoops- Pastore
- Daily Prompt: Always Something There to Remind Me | Midwestern Plants
- Daily Prompt: How High Does The Sycamore Grow? | SCATTERBRAIN
- It’s Yesterday Once More | Willow’s Corner
- Daily Prompt: Always something there to remind me | That Montreal Girl
- Past: Daily Post | Destino
- Relinquished | La Gatita Oscura
- Always Something to Remind Me | 365 Days of Thank You
- Always Something There to Remind Me | 3 Grandchildren, 2 Grandparents, 2 Cats
- Audio Cassettes! I miss you. | The Salmon Yatra
- Past | The Land Slide Photography
- Daily Prompt: Always Something There to Remind Me – Oh, the Feels | SA:ME (사메)
- Mr Seah (dotcom!) | Always something there to remind me
- selalu ada hal untuk diingat | The Frozen Tears
- Always Something There to Remind Me | Romeo at Twenty
- Daily Prompt: Winston Churchill in Drag? | Leigh’s Wordsmithery
- I love, love, love my music and the way it makes me feel. | Why is there bread in my Kool-Aid?
- Puff, The Magic Dragon | Overcoming Bloglessness
- Clarity, courtesy of Dave Matthews | Holoholo Girls