Daily Prompt: Born to Be With You
Got a soul-mate and/or a best friend? What is it about that person that you love best? Describe them in great detail — leave no important quality out.
Mercy, Mercy, Mercy!
Mercy is my partner of 16 years. She’s 5’10” , has short brown hair with blonde highlights, beautiful brown eyes, a cute little crooked nose, long elegant hands and feet, big-boned, flawless skin with a slight natural tan, and long legs. She doesnt find herself beautiful, but I get lost in her face. I have a thing for vampires and after her long stay in the hospital last year she now has semi-permanent vampire bite marks on her neck where her central line was. (I know I’m weird.)
She has a perpetual youthfulness to her. We always joke that she is a 14 year-old (in reality, she is 39). She loves video games like a teenage boy. She’s addicted to tv and movies. Her favorite genre is horror. I love horror, but I have to mix it up with lighter stuff too.
Mercy just got into Facebook this year and is obsessed. Her post are great, funny and cool. She loves to find music videos on you-tube and post a new song everyday. She really thinks out her shares and who she should share them with. It is rare that she just shares something with all her friends.
She is funny and was the class clown. I’m envious of her wit. Mercy is one of those people who can keep everyone else in stitches. The interesting part is that she is shy and quiet around people. But as she sits and observes others, she tosses out dry, sarcastic quips that are barely heard. People take double takes, wondering if they heard her correctly, then bust up laughing.
She is artistic and her main medium is pottery. She has a pottery wheel and throws pots, but she is also known to sculpt. She once made me a hand ashtrray. It was a hand and forearm, where the forearm was positioned vertically and the hand was bent back horizontally with the palm as the ashtray. When people saw it, they thought that she had molded it from her own hand and arm. Like most artists she is a perfectionist with her ceramics. I have to beg her sometimes to keep pieces that are not perfect.
She’s extremely stubborn. So I have to be careful sometimes. She is really bad about not going to bed sometimes. So there are times where she is up for a few days at a time. Well, that’s not exactly true, because she’ll fall asleep for hours on the couch. It is like she doesn’t want to miss anything by going to bed. At these times, she’ll talk about needing to go to bed that night, but instead of just going to bed when she says that she waits for a little while. If I wake her up and tell her to go to bed, she’ll fight it and stay up. I finally just og to bed. I know in another day or too, she’ll make it to the bedroom. Hilarious!
We’ve figured out that our relationship can be summed up in one song, True Love:
Love my girl! The day I met her I fell in love and have been ever since, even on the days “I want to wrap my hands around her neck!” 🙂
Other depictions of love:
- Thirteen Time Zones Away and Still Side by Side | Kosher Adobo
- Neurosis From A to Z | The Jittery Goat
- From My Heart, with Love | From Hiding to Blogging
- Born to be With You – Bess you is my woman now. (Daily Prompt) | Roving Bess
- Bitten by the Love Bug!! [Wish Come True] | She Writes
- Daily Prompt: Born To be With You -Psychology Behind Choosing To Like People We Met | Journeyman
- EMILY AND JUSTIN: THE PROPOSAL | She Writes
- Born To Be With You | The Magic Black Book
- About a Panda | jigokucho
- Drama queen | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- Love, Life and Loss | MC’s Whispers
- Born To Be With You (Daily Prompt) | Wordy Wings
- Recharging the Cell Phone | The Zombies Ate My Brains
- people let me tell you about my best friend | eastelmhurst.a.go.go
- How I Met My Beast, My Love, My Christopher | My Renaissance Blog
- My Person | Yellow Brick Road
- Daily Prompt: Born to Be With You | Incidents of a Dysfunctional Spraffer
- Born to be with you…. | myjourneyeveryday
- He’s Got it Goin’ On | Ms. Raven Marie
- Doorsteps and Parking Lots | loveletterstoaghost
- in Intro to Anatomy, | y
- Daily Prompt – Born to be With You | hometogo232
- Daily prompt: Born to be with me | helen meikle’s scribblefest
- Circle of Love | Wiley’s Wisdom
- What’s a girl gonna do without a best friend? I have no idea because I have 3 🙂 | One Educator’s Life
- Daily Prompt: Born to Be With You | Nola Roots, Texas Heart
- Strong Bond with Her | wisskko’s blog
- Someone Else Would Do | Overcoming Bloglessness
- Something So Strong: BFF | FREE BIRD
- Surprise Love of my Life | C Life, Live Life
- Born to Be With You | Tonkadella’s Things in Life
- Daily Prompt: Born to Be With You | Here I am !!
- My ‘virtual’ best friend | Prompt Me Please
- Born to be with you? | An adventure? Alpaca my bags.
- Love Crime, Acts of Love, and wacky love bits: this week’s weird news « psychologistmimi
- we go together like a bird and a feather | the REmissionary
- Mr.Know-It-All | bratz626
- Dear Stephen, | 1+1-1=0
- The swale and the swirl of now. | The Seminary of Praying Mantis
- Daily Prompt: Born to Be With you | daniellemcfarlane
- Soulmate: BornToBeWithYou Daily Prompt | Starting Write Now
- Daily Prompt: Born to Be With You | Basically Beyond Basic